No products in the cart.
Benefits of Kokum butter for skin, body and hair
- Promotes skin elasticity and prevention of skin dryness
- It helps in restoration of damaged skin
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory – it seems that this butter is very effective in treating skin and lips ulcers as it kills the H. pylori bacteria
- Promotes brain health – aids neurons grow while stopping damage from oxidation
- Latest studies show that Kokum should be effective in cancer treatment but there are still researches to be made
- Contains hydroxycitric acid or HCA which is known to suppress appetite
- The butter doesn’t clog pores so it can be applied directly on scalp. It helps by feeding your hair with essential oils and scalp cells oxygenation
- Hair conditioner- to get softer and more manageable hair
- Very helpful in case of frizzy hair – you can lay your hair down simply by putting some butter on the tips
Other benefits of Kokum
The Kokum extract is used in Ayurveda to treat sores, improve digestion, prevent infection, and alleviate diarrhea and constipation symptoms.
The extract is also known to lessen arthritis pain, heal stomach ulcers and cure ear infections.
Kokum butter benefits are amazing mostly for skin but there are benefits the butter keeps from the Kokum extract.
Color and scent: The resulted butter is usually white to creamy in color and it has a mild to nonexistent scent.
Texture: It’s smooth and dense, perfect for cosmetic use. The texture is non greasy and gets absorbed into the skin very fast. It is often used as a substitute for Cocoa Butter and contains antioxidants and vitamin E.
The butter exhibits emollient properties and stability to oxidation. It is solid at room temperature but melts as it comes in contact with the skin.
Precautions: repetitive and excessive exposure to heat damages its qualities so you have to keep the container away from any heat source. Also the butter needs to be scrapped when using it, not heated.